Local Studies and Family History
Local Studies materials and services reflect the changing scene of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire - their communities, prominent individuals and related subjects, from earliest times to the present day.
Most city libraries have a Local Studies collection but the main collection can be found on Floor 1 of Nottingham Central Library.
- Family History
- Local Studies Resources
- Local Studies Research and Enquiry Service
- What's new in Local Studies?
- Volunteering in Local Studies
- Some materials are available for loan, but most of the stock is for use in the library only.
- Much of the collection - including all material for loan - is listed on the Online Catalogue. However a significant proportion of the stock is currently still only recorded in card catalogues on site.
- The larger part of the collection is housed in areas accessible only to staff - requests to view material may be made at the Help Desk on Floor 1 Nottingham Central Library.
- Because of the nature of some of the materials (e.g. newspaper cuttings, photographs, ephemera), many items are not individually catalogued but are filed according to their subject category.
If you have any questions regarding access to materials, contact the Local Studies Library on 0115 915 2873 or email email@example.com
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Make a comment on this service