Share this page
On this site
Work Experience with the City Council
Nottingham City Council is committed to supporting work experience placements to citizens. The Council recognises the value of a high quality work experience placement to help people gain the experience they need to increase their employability potential.
Work experience can:
- Provide tasters of work to help career choices
- Enable citizens to learn new transferable skills
- Build confidence
- Identify training needs
- Use academic learning in the work place
How long are placements for?
Placements can be for different periods depending on the type of work. In general a minimum two week placement is needed to gain beneficial experience.
What sort of work could I do?
The city council delivers a wide range of services, from Administration, gardening, social care and website design.
We have a wide range of roles from Administration Assistants to Gardeners and Care Workers to Leisure Centre Attendants offering the potential for a wide range of work experience opportunities.
Applications for work experience are considered individually. We cannot guarantee placements, but we will try our best to support your application. Application forms received will either be placed or rejected within four weeks of receipt.
Please note that all work experience placements are unpaid.
How do I apply for a work placement?
- Please complete the Work Experience Application Form [1Mb]
- Owing to the volume of requests we receive, applicants will only be considered from Nottingham City residents*(see note below)
- Please email the fully completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively please return it to; Work Placements, HR & Transformation, Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, 1st Floor, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3NG.
*You will be considered a Nottingham City resident if you live within the Nottingham City boundary, click here to check if your postcode is within the Nottingham City boundary.