Library and Information Services contact information
- Email: enquiryline@nottingh...
- Tel: 0115 915 2828
- Library and Information Services contact information
Share this page
On this site
Basford Library is a busy community library surrounded by Vernon Park and sited close to the David Lane tram stop. The library has a range of books, magazines and newspapers for adults and children and also provides a range of information resources including free internet access.
Activities and events
- Facilities for Disabled People
- Address and Location
- Transport Information
- Opening Hours
- Asian languages collection (books and magazines available in Urdu and Punjabi)
- Books for all ages and interests
- Large print books
- Polish fiction
- Talking books for adults and children
- Community meeting room available for hire
- Internet and computer access
- Fax service available
- Health Information in libraries (including books, leaflets and web site listings)
- Jobs Info point for work and training information
- Local history collection
- Local information leaflets
- Newspapers and magazines
- Nottingham City Transport bus timetables
- One2One computer help sessions available on request
- Knit and Knatter Group, forth Tuesday of the month, 10.30-12.00am - all skill levels welcome.
- Councillors' surgeries, some Saturdays 10.30 - 11.30am. Please contact library for details.
- Library Club: an informal social event for all with regular speakers or activities on a range of subjects takes place on the second Tuesday of the month 10.30am - 12 noon
- Totstime: rhyme time for under 5s, Tuesdays 10.30 - 11.00am
- Sure Start Messy Play: Thursday 10.30am - 12.00 noon
Access for wheelchair users, but no suitable toilets.
Tel: (0115) 915 5797
24-hour renewal line: 0845 330 4435
Get directions from Google Maps
View Larger Map
Basford Library is close to the junction of Vernon Road and David Lane at the railway and tram crossing, next to Vernon Park which contains a small lake. It was built in 1926 and has a large friendly children's area and a community room.
Nottingham City Transport buses that pass the library are routes 68 and 69. Y81 and Y82 are also available. The tram stops very close to the library.
To plan your visit to the library, visit Traveline.
Road parking outside the library on the busy main road, but there are side roads nearby. Cycle racks are provided by the front door.
|Monday||2.00 - 5.00|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 5.30|
|Thursday||10.00 - 5.30|
|10.00 - 1.00|